Monday, 17 July 2017

RIP Ludovic Chancel, Maligned By His Pop Star Mother


Ludovic Chancel took his own life two weeks ago. He was just forty-two, and leaves behind a wife and two young children.

He was the son of the French pop songstress Sheila, of whom Marlene Dietrich observed, "She wiggles her backside and sucks on the microphone, and tells everyone she's famous. What she doesn't say is that she doesn't have any talent!"

I might disagree with my friend there. Sheila did have talent, but as a mother she left a great deal to be desired, and she made Ludo's life a living hell. When she found out that he was bisexual, she disowned him and he went through a very bad patch indeed. Only last year she was saying that she would never wish to have anything to do with him again.

Like myself, Ludo fought back. He and I had much in common, almost parallel lives. We knew each other. He detailed his struggles with a bad parent in his book, Fils de... I chose a stronger title: Old Bastard. I was lucky in that my old man curled his toes, not that there is anything in there that I wouldn't have said to his face, and indeed did...to him and his horrendous second wife.

There's a lot more that I could say about Ludo here, and a lot more I could say about Sheila. She's getting all the sympathy, whereas Ludo's wife and children appear to have been overlooked. My son was a fan, but his Sheila records have now gone in the bin. I would define Sheila, and in no way is this litigious, as the second most repulsive female who has entered my world. Karma, though, has a nasty habit of biting you on the bum. Ludo never mentioned his mother while in our company, and though Sheila claims that they made up and put their differences behind them some time ago, others firmly believe...and have stated openly in the press...that there was no contact between them for seven years.

Now, I hope that this dear chap, wherever he is, has found the peace he never managed to find in this life.

RIP, Ludo.



No comments:

Post a Comment