Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Does Amazon Support Homophobia?


A friend of mine just had his Amazon sellers account suspended, and then his selling privileges removed--for selling 'prohibited articles'.
 
My friend went through his Inventory with a lady from Amazon, on the phone, and was told that the reason for the closure was that the word 'gay' is picked out as unacceptable on their system.
 
'Gay Times' therefore, which has no nudity, is regarded as prohibitive. It is an issue that I feel very strongly about, as a member of the Ant-Homophobia League, and one which needs to be redressed.
 
Sadly, Amazon have us all by the short and curlies.They corner the market with everything. Some loony complains, or writes a disgusting review of an item, and whoever is selling it has to suffer the consequences.
 
I think my readers and fans know exactly what I think about homophobes. It was all so much easier when we had things called bookshops.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment