Wednesday, 10 September 2014

David Bret: Autobiography


Autobiography



The Ts have been dotted and the Is have been crossed. It's had its second legal read. The ones I loved are all here, as are the ones I loathed, The scandals, the love affairs, the scrapes I got into, and out of. I've been holding back for half a century, but not any more. If you liked me, this will be an interesting read. If you didn't--or more's the case, if I didn't like you or if you hurt me and my loved ones--now's the time to hide under the bed, behind the chamber-pot. Some names have been changed for legal purposes, unless of case you're dead!  




David Bret: My Own Story

The Uncensored Memoirs Of The Celebrity Biographer

Foreword ~ Adoption ~ Amy ~ Aunties of the paternal kind ~ Axel & Damia ~ Barnaby ~ Berck-sur-Mer ~ Blackpool ~ Brit Girls of the Sixties ~ Churches & Ben ~ Dietrich ~ Dorothy Squires ~ Dogs, Cats & Doris Day ~ Edna I ~ Edna II ~ Elizabeth Taylor ~ Faith ~ Fernand Lumbroso ~ Footballers & Lovers ~ Garbo ~ Gemini ~ George Formby & his leading ladies ~ Gracie Fields ~ Grange Farm ~ Grandmother ~ Gus ~ Guyarmathy ~ Hawking ~ Homophobes ~ In Ted Robledo’s Bed ~ Jack ~ Jacqueline Danno ~ Joan Regan & Peggy Lee ~ Joey Stefano ~ John Dynham of Nutwell ~ Journalists ~ Manouche ~ Mastturbation ~ Milletts ~ Misery at the Mason’s Arms ~ Mother ~ Mother-in-law ~ Nancy Sphinctergritzel ~ Nudists ~ O.B. ~ Paris ~ Pauline ~ Peter Sutcliffe ~ Philip S ~ Portugal and the fado ~ Racists ~ Retribution ~ Richard III ~ Roger Normand ~ Roma Robbers ~ Russians ~ Sacha Distel & Charles Trenet ~Sapritch ~ School ~Sexuality ~ Siblings ~ Singing Star ~ Stepmother ~ Stuttgart & Gunther ~ Teeth ~ That Smiths singer ~ Wath-on-Dearne ~ Wedding ~ Work Study Officer ~ Wrongful arrest ~ York Street ~ Zeffirelli & Callas

January 2015 380pp 


No comments:

Post a Comment