Monday, 7 April 2014

Peaches Geldof RIP

I never expected my comments to be repeated on the radio, but that's the way it goes. There are so many phenomenally talented people out there. They have success, they have wealth, they have beautiful caring families and friends--everything, in fact, to live for. And for some this is not enough. I may be wrong, and I will apologise just as publicly if I am, but I cannot foresee this having been a natural demise. There are some celebrities, and of varying degrees of talent and non-talent, who are fated not to live long, of their own choosing. Justin Bieber, Britney Spiers, Paul Gascoigne and a number of others will all follow in the footsteps of Amy Winehouse--who was a wonderful, genuine talent--unless they get a grip. Yet these people are laws unto themselves. They know what they are doing to themselves, they are advised to desist, yet they continue with their finger firmly pressed on the self-destruct button. In the case of Bieber, they think they know it all. It's tragic. Peaches Geldof is not the first, and she will by no means be the last. I feel sorrow for her family, who right now must be asking themselves what they did wrong--which was nothing. 


  1. So sad, but not unexpected. Only last year I appeared with a number of others in a BBC radio programme discussing her, and we said then that the way she was behaving, she would never even make it as far as The 27 Club. Like Amy Winehouse, Paul Gascoigne and a few others still with us but only just, she was always a disaster waiting to happen. I feel deeply sorry for her children.

No comments:

Post a Comment