Friday, 20 September 2013

Dietrich On The Subject Of Suicide


Marlene and I talked about several notorious suicides, including Dalida, and attempted suicides including Judy Garland and one or two others it would be imprudent to mention.
Dalida took pills. "Her greatest performance," Marlene said.
Betty Mars and Mike Brant jumped out of windows. "Stupid and dangerous--they could have landed on top of somebody and killed them as well," she said.
"People who keep attempting suicide only bore me," she said. "If you're going to do it, do it properly and don't keep botching it up or saying that you almost did it, or that you're thinking of doing it just to get pity or attention!"
Wise words from a wise woman!
There will be three very prominent suicides by the end of this year--by next summer at the latest--and one suicide which will not be prominent, but welcomed by some.
I give you my word. Just don't ask me to elaborate!

No comments:

Post a Comment