Friday, 15 March 2013

The New Pope: Too Good To Be True?

I loved the Polish Pope: warm, charismatic, tough, ex-footballer, a man's man who I felt comfortable with, as a Jewish-Catholic.
 
The last one was a creep. He looked like a character out of Edgar Lustgarten, and I'm sure the reason for his retirement will soon be brought out into the open. Pope's NEVER retire.
 
This one I feel equally uncomfortable with. We're never going to have a Pope who agrees with condoms, gays, abortion, and treating women as less than secondary citizens. But he's already opened his trap about the Falklands and wound up a few folk here.
 
There's something very disconcerting about him. I can't quite put my finger on it, but mark my word--once the novelty wears off, so will the popularity and those cardinals will realise what a mistake they made, voting someone in who comes from a dodgy regime. 

1 comment:

  1. His comments were made a while ago David. Agree with the old one though, they never do resign.

    ReplyDelete